Severe Weather Protocol
During the winter months severe weather conditions may make it impossible for pupils and staff to come to school. These conditions are rare and are unlikely to occur every year but when they do happen we would like parents to be aware of the following procedures.
- Please avoid telephoning the school directly so that lines can be kept free for everyday incoming and outgoing calls.
- At the first sign of a heavy snowfall making the journey to or from school dangerous for both staff and children, the school will post details of possible school closure on the 'Newsletters' section of the website. We will also contact local radio stations to alert them to the fact that the school will be closed and pupils should not attend or that the school will close early and parents should collect pupils at the appointed time.
- In such circumstances, the decision to remain open or closed will also be emailed/texted to parents listed on our database as priority contact details. This will only be to parents registered via our ‘Parentpay' system.
- The following station will be informed :
Dee 106.3 - website: www.dee1063.com/schoolclosures/
Radio Merseyside - website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiomerseyside
- If the bad weather continues, every effort will be made to keep the school running to a normal working routine but we will contiue to update you regularly.
- If a decision is made to close the school early, children will be kept safe until parents are able to collect them. Parents should contact school to advise if someone other than themselves will be collecting. Y6 will not be allowed to walk home without permission from a parent/carer.
- In the most extreme conditions, parents can be assured that their children will remain in warm, safe and dry conditions until the situation improves.
Woodlands Primary School