Year 4 2019 - 2020
Mrs Dutton 4LD
I have been teaching at Woodlands Primary School since September 2013. I am passionate about teaching all subject, but I really enjoy teaching Literacy, exploring different narratives and writing imaginatively and creatively. This year, I will be working closely with Mrs Liversey to develop literacy across Woodlands. My weekly highlight is singing assembly with KS2. I love bopping along to tunes from 'The Greatest Showman' with KS2. When not in school, I can usually be found running round after my two children, reading them stories or baking yummy treats in the kitchen.
My motto is 'Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!'
Miss Roberts 4DR
I have been teaching at Woodlands Primary school for two years. I am passionate about teaching all subjects but I particularly enjoy teaching mathematics. I love making the lessons active and enjoyable for the children, allowing them to deepen their mathematical understanding whilst having fun. I also love teaching Religious Education to widen children’s understanding of the world and its various cultures and religions.
When I am not in school, I like to keep myself busy with exercise and going on long countryside walks. I also enjoy travelling to new cities and countries, and spending time with my family and friends. I can’t wait to continue our learning journey together next year and learn even more about everyone’s hopes and dreams. It is going to be a very exciting year!
Welcome to Y4!
Autumn Term 2
This half term, we will be looking at the narrative, 'Leon and the place between,' by Grahame Baker-Smith.
Literacy: Mastery Targets – Autumn 2
- To use standard English forms for verb inflections
- To extend the range of sentences with more than one clause by using a wider range of conjunctions including when, if, because, and although
- Indicate posession by using possessive apostrophe with plural nouns
- Recognise the difference between plural and possessive 's'
- Build a varied and rich vocabulary
Our on-going targets are:
- Develop character and setting
- Group related ideas into paragraphs
- To use conjunctions to express time, place and cause
- Build an increasing range of sentence structures
This half term, Year 4 will be reading the animated disney classic novel, 'Dumbo.' We will focus on all aspects of reading; decoding, fluency for reading, retrieval skills, inference and deduction and comprehension. We will also compare the narrative to film extracts to discuss differing interpretations.
The children will develop their knowledge of how people are entertained and changes that have happened through time. They will look closely at circuses and theatres and consider their use of animals as entertainment tools. The children will use their mapping skills to locate theatres and circuses on a world map.
We will complete a case study of Anne, 'the last circus elephant in the country.' We will also explore our own thoughts about Crufts, fox hunting and horse racing.
Monday 3rd Feb-5th Feb
Please find our Menai Powerpoint attached to this webpage. If you have any questions concerning our trip in February, please do not hesitate to speak to your class teacher.
Remaining payment dates
29th November - £42
20th December - £42
Dates for your diary...
- Friday 8th November (afternoon) - First visit of the half term to Hope Farm Library
- Tuesday 3rd December - Christmas Craft sessions (4LD - 9.10am-10.10am / 4DR - 10.30am-11.30am)
- Friday 13th December - Beauty and the Beast Panto @ West Cheshire College
- Monday 16th December - Chester Zoo Visit with Talk about Boris the Chimpanzee
- Friday 20th December - Break up for Christmas @ 2pm
- Monday 3rd February - Wednesday 5th February - Menai Residential
Files to Download
Year 4: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 4: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 4: Display Work items
There are no Display Work items to display