Year 3 2018-2019
Mrs Dutton Class 10
I have been teaching at Woodlands Primary School since September 2013. I am passionate about teaching all subject, but I really enjoy teaching Literacy, exploring different narratives and writing imaginatively and creatively. This year, I will be working closely with Mrs Liversey to develop literacy across Woodlands. My weekly highlight is singing assembly with KS2. I love bopping along to tunes from 'The Greatest Showman' with KS2. When not in school, I can usually be found running round after my two children, reading them stories or baking yummy treats in the kitchen.
My motto is 'Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!'
Miss Roberts Class 11
This is my first year teaching at Woodlands Primary School. My favourite subject to teach is mathematics. I love making the lessons fun and enjoyable. I am very passionate about the humanities and religious education as I believe these subjects to be very interesting and important. When I am not at school, I can be found exercising and travelling to new cities and countries. Most of all, I love spending time with my family and friends.
Miss Moore Class 12
I am new to Woodlands Primary School this year and can’t wait to start in Year 3. I really enjoy teaching Maths. I also like teaching fun and engaging science lessons. I also love Art because it can be so fun and creative. When I am not in school, I enjoy watching live music, going for long walks at the beach and spending time with her friends and family. I am very excited to be a teacher at Woodlands this year in Class 12 and cannot wait to help my class in their new adventure in Year 3!
Welcome to Y3!
Summer Term 2
This half term, we will be looking at the narrative, 'Journey,' by Aaron Becker.
Literacy: Mastery Targets – Summer 2
- Use the present perfect form of verbs in contrast to the past tense
- Use prepositions, conjunctions and adverbs to express time, place and cause (demonstrating some awareness of purpose through selection of relevant content)
- Group related ideas into paragraphs
- Use a or an according to whether the next word begins with a noun or a consonant
Our on-going targets are:
- Use punctuation at Y2 standard correctly (full stops, capital letters -including for proper nouns, exclamation marks, question marks, commas in a list, apostrophes for contraction and singular noun possession)
- Create characters, settings and plot in narrative
- Use inverted commas to punctuate direct speech
This half term, Y3 will be reading a non-fiction book about the Rainforest during our whole class reading sessions. We will focus on all aspects of reading; decoding, fluency for reading, retrieval skills, inference and deduction and comprehension.
Zoo Project - 'Impact of Palm Oil'
Following our visit to Chester Zoo on Tuesday 18th June, Y3 will be learning all about Palm oil and its effects on animal’s habitats. We will be focusing on the dilemma faced by Asia elephants, and compiling persuasive pieces of writing to encourage people to buy alternative sustainable palm oil to save these magnificent creatures.
We will be using the beautiful, inspirational text, 'Wonder Garden' by Jenny Broom, to create our own 'Wonder Gardens,' containing all the beautiful creatures in our 'perfect world.' Using teacher in role, we will then investigate the devestating impact building a palm oil plantation has on this once colourful, healthy landscape.
We also have many exciting art and design technology activities planned.
Dates for your diary...
- Monday 17th June - Stone Age Workshops
- Tuesday 18th June - Chester Zoo Visit
- Friday 14th June - Class 12's assembly (parents invited)
- Monday 1st July - Crafty stay and play (parents invited)
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3: Display Work items
There are no Display Work items to display