Statement of Intent
At Woodlands Primary School we provide a broad and rich curriculum which promotes a love of learning, personal growth and development through a balance of skills and knowledge.
At the heart of our curriculum, for each year group, is a quality text, which aims not just to embed literacy but also inspire a love of literature and learning across the curriculum.
Our curriculum coverage provides:
- A wide range of experiences which make learning relevant to the pupils.
- Opportunities for pupils to investigate, make links and apply their skills across the curriculum.
- Opportunities for pupils to share their learning in a range of ways.
Across all our curriculum we support British Values and aim to encourage the Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development of our pupils.
At Woodlands we believe in developing a humanity rich curriculum where the children feel empowered to make a difference. We have agreed values which we nurture throughout our teaching of the wider curriculum which are:
At Woodlands, our core principles help to promote a happy and safe community that inspires and challenges everyone where:
- Each individual is safe.
- Each individual is valued and respected.
- All efforts and achievements are recognised and celebrated.
- Everyone is encouraged to make healthy life style choices.
- Everyone is encouraged to make a positive contribution to the team, individually and collectively.