The role of a Sports Ambassadors empowers the children to take on the following roles:
- Be the voice for PE and school sport in Woodlands
- Promote the positive values of sport.
- Be a role model and champion for PE and school sport.
At Woodlands we have 4 PE Mentors (Year 6), who help promote the positive values of sport, continue to be good role models and champion PE and activity around the school.
Supporting the Sports Mentors, we have 8 PE ambassadors (Year 5), who support the role of helping to promote sport and inspire other children to be active through challenges.
After the sports mentors and Mr Bull scrutinised the year 5 applications, we picked 8 children to help to represent and be the voice of Woodlands school.
The children chosen were Poppy, Lexi, Lilia, Harry, Lewis, Nieve, Kiera, Ava and Lewis. These children, alongside Dylan, Freddie, Cerys and Amelia will help to drive a healthier and more active school.
The sports mentors and ambassadors have been extremely busy this term:
- Created a display to help promote school sport and healthy eating
- Delivered an assembly on sugar awareness to KS2
- Helped to increase activity across school running personal best challenges such as 30-second speed bounces and skipping.
- Surveyed pupils across the school to better inform us how to improve and build PE and sport in school.
- Helped to inform the wider community about what is going on with PE and school sport at Woodlands through contributions to the School Newspaper.